Simple Honey-Baked Apples are a delicious fall dessert filled with honey and cinnamon. This tasty recipe couldn't be any easier to make with only 4 ingredients and 25 minutes! The apple topping is adapted from our popular apple crisp recipe. You could put it on anything, and it would be delicious, but blanketing apples with it is insane. These baked apples are a quick and easy way to make a healthy dessert that can be served hot or cold. All you have is tart/sweet apples such as Braeburns or Pink Ladies and an oven.
The ideal snack for those with a sweet tooth, you can either dip your apple or eat it plain. The apples become slightly jammy without disintegrating, making them ideal for scooping by the forkful. For dessert, try these versatile baked apples. Over the last year, I've developed a strong preference for sweet apples. We rarely buy apples any longer. Sweet Baked Apples with Honey is my favorite sweet apple recipe.
Apples are so sweet and delicious that you can enhance the flavor of a baked apple with just a few simple ingredients!
Baked apples are also completely healthy. They're a tasty treat that's also good for you if you watch your weight.
Total preparing time: 25 minutes, Servings: 4
· 4 medium-sized cooking apples
· 1 tbsp. honey
· 1 lemon for juice and rind
· 1 tbsp. melted butter
· Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Brush four squares of double-thick aluminum foil with butter. Cut lines through the apple skin at regular intervals with a knife.
· Add the honey, lemon rind, juice, and butter to the small bowl. Fill the apples with the mixture; cover them in foil, securing the edges.
· Cook for 20 minutes in the oven or until the apples are tender.