Apple sauce, lemon juice, and spices are used in this sweet apple tart recipe to give it a simple, sweet flavor. This beautiful apple tart, which is filled with fresh apples and baked to a perfect golden brown, is the pastry of the fall. Combining buttery, nutty, and tart flavors, it tastes just as delicious as it looks. The full sweetness of the tart is only released when the apples are cooked and become mouth-wateringly soft. A classic cake with simple flavors that the whole family enjoys, ideal for serving as a dessert at the end of a meal.
Total preparing time: 35 minutes, Servings: 8
· 1 9-inch premade pastry crust
· 4 cups thinly sliced sweet apples, peeled and cored
· ½ tbsp. ground cinnamon
· 2 tbsp. lemon juice or 1 small lemon
· 4 tbsp. unsweetened apple sauce
· 1 tbsp. cornstarch
· Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Using oil, coat the 9.5-inch round tart pan.
· Press the pastry crust into the pan, folding down the edges and pressing into the pan's sides to make the crust. While you're preparing the apples, put them in the refrigerator.
· Merge the sliced apples, cinnamon, lemon juice, apple sauce, and cornstarch in the large mixing bowl. Toss gently to coat the apples evenly.
· Fill the crust with the apple mixture. Layer the slices in a pattern for a more refined look.
· Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until golden brown around the edges of the tart. Allow cooling before serving.