If you don't want to deal with a large joint of meat on Christmas Day or another holy day, this dish is for you. I've designed the recipe to be scaled up or down depending on how many people will be at your table. This meal has a unique taste with meat and delicious, sweet fruit (roasted duck legs with apple slices).
Total preparing time: 2 hours 15 minutes, Servings: 6
· 6 whole duck legs, with skin
· 4 tbsp. fresh marjoram leaves
· 4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
· 1 tsp. salt or to taste
· ¼ tsp. finely ground black pepper or to taste
· 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
· 3 large size apples, peeled (if you like), quartered and cored
· 1 cup water
· Set the oven range to 240 degrees Celsius to preheat. Using a paper towel, pat the duck legs dry before poking several holes in them with the end of a sharp knife – one spot per leg.
· Take a small bowl, add marjoram, garlic, salt, pepper, oil, and mix them well. Rub a mixture of marjoram, garlic, salt, pepper, and oil all over each leg before cooking.
· Using the large roasting dish, arrange the duck in a single layer. Pour the water into the roasting pan around the legs, not directly on top.
· Roast for fifteen minutes, then reduce the oven range heat to 160°C and cook for 2 hours until the skin is crispy, and the meat quickly pulls away from the bone.
· Whenever you remember, pierce the skin in a few spots while the duck is cooking to allow the fat to drain and baste the duck. Transfer the duck to the serving plate and arrange the apple slices around the duck leg. Serve and enjoy.