This Apple Chicken recipe is delectable! It's simple to make and goes well with a variety of vegetables. Baked chicken and apples is a delicious family dinner full of fresh flavors. This golden-skinned bird is roasted with apples, celery stalks, and onion, which combine to create an easy-to-assemble garnish for the serving platter. Alternatively, carve the chicken in advance, finely chop the apple/onion mixture, and serve it as a condiment alongside your favorite holiday side dishes in a cut-glass bowl.
Total preparing time: 1 hour 45 minutes, Servings: 4-6
· 4 lb. roasting chicken
· 4 apples, cored and wedged
· 1 lemon, wedges
· 2 tsp. rosemary, crushed
· 1 tsp. fresh thyme
· 1 tbsp. butter, melted
· 1 garlic clove, minced
· 1 tbsp. olive oil
· 4 tbsp. honey
· 1 small onion, diced into wedged
· 2 carrots, peeled and diced
· 2 celery stalks, chopped in half
· Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Rinse the chicken and pat it dry. Fill cavity with apples, onion wedges, lemon, and truss legs.
· Whisk rosemary and thyme in melted butter with a fork until combined. Brush the outer side of the chicken with a generous amount of oil. Season generously with salt and pepper.
· Drizzle olive oil in the heavy-bottomed roasting pan and alternately layer carrots and celery on the bottom. Place the prepared chicken on the vegetables and the remaining two wedge apples around it.
· Roast for 90 minutes, then remove from oven and brush with honey generously all over the bird. Pour any leftover honey over the apples. Roast for another 10 minutes, keeping an eye on the honey to ensure it does not burn.
· Allow the chicken to cool after removing it from the oven. Transfer the chicken with apples to the family serving table. Serve and enjoy.